As part of the Clinical Services team, this position will perform Clinical Services duties as assigned by the Clinical Services Management or designee. Written and telephone communication skills are essential due to extensive interaction with insurance company member service and patient management personnel, hospital discharge planners, and facility personnel. Associate must be competent in data entry using computer software for maintenance of case records. The ideal Intake Specialist will possess initiative to obtain and disseminate accurate benefit information in a timely manner.
Essential functions include but not limited to:
- Obtain member benefits for requested services
- Accurate data entry of patient encounters into CasePointe system
- Must comply with all departmental policies and procedures
- Work in conjunction with insurance company and network facility personnel, MNS Clinical Services team members, and other MNS departments.
- Demonstrate excellent phone skills and the ability to screen customer needs and redirect calls as needed.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service attitude
- Assist co-workers in completion of critical tasks during times of peak caseloads/cross training and ability to cover in different teams where necessary.
- Must attend work regularly, as scheduled.
- Knowledge base of insurance benefit information such as deductibles, copays, out-of-pocket costs, patient liability, etc.; initiation of pre-certifications; OON placements; different online payor resources.
- Knowledge base of medical diagnosis codes, CPT codes, skilled nursing facility services, etc.
- Familiarity with medical billing, reimbursement, claims, etc.
Experience, Education, Training As Required
- Must possess at minimum a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2-years office experience preferred
- Medical office experience preferred
- Prior experience with insurance benefit verification preferred
- Medical billing and insurance follow-up experience preferred
- Prior experience with skilled nursing facility billing desirable
- Prior experience with Medicare and/or Medicaid billing desirable
- Ability to organize and prioritize a high-volume workload
- Knowledge of insurance payments, including understanding Explanation of Benefits, medical terminology, copays, deductibles and patient liability
- Ability to handle multiple phone lines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Working knowledge of email and telephone etiquette
- Able to follow written and oral instructions
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent customer service
Application for Employment
Management and Network Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employing individuals without regard to race, age, sex, marital status, veterans status, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability.