MNS is the nation’s leading independent expert in managed care within the skilled nursing environment.
What We Offer
For more than 25 years MNS has helped nearly 5,000 Skilled Nursing Facilities navigate the Managed Care landscape with more than 50 different plans, encompassing thousands of products and providing support to members during millions of covered admissions.
Serving as the link between the payor and the provider, MNS provides a wide range of services including getting facilities contracted and credentialed, maximizing patient admissions and overall occupancy, facilitating authorization of skilled stays, and delivering timely and accurate reimbursement.
Contracting & Credentialing
Industry experts on your side!
- Contract with multiple insurance companies by completing one MNS contract and credentialing packet. It’s that simple!
- Maximize your admissions and overall occupancy! Our team continuously seeks out additional managed care contracts for you, both on a local, state, and national level.
- ALL-INCLUSIVE Credentialing Services! Our credentialing experts manage your organization’s status for current and future managed care contracts, regardless of whether the contract is provided by MNS.
- MNS maintains comprehensive and secure credentialing files, ensuring our member facilities are in full compliance with the credentialing requirements of each applicable payor, giving your staff more time to focus on what really matters: patient care.
Our nurses are available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year.
- Our expert nurses manage cases for 2,400+ patients per day, making 350,000+ calls per year on behalf of our provider partners, giving your staff back valuable time to spend on patient care and strategic marketing efforts to increase census.
- Complex cases? We can help! MNS has extensive knowledge about payor processes, requirements, and documentation needs.
- MNS will handle the paperwork and behind the scenes functions! Our team is available 24/7 to provide support for patient placements, benefit verifications, and authorizations.
- One accountable point of contact! MNS streamlines the admissions process and eliminates the confusion of dealing with dozens of individual plans.
One contact for payments and collections!
Our billing teams touch more than 1,000 unique claims per day achieving extraordinary levels of accuracy.
Accurate and timely payments! MNS will oversee billing across ALL available payors and products so your staff no longer needs to familiarize themselves with numerous different billing procedures.
MNS ensures that claims are complete, accurate, formatted, and transmitted according to each payor’s unique requirements, reducing delays and alleviating frustration for your staff.
MNS works for you! We handle appeals and respond to managed care audits, buffering you from expense, risks posed by potential offsets or recoupments.
Receive your money faster! MNS uses electronic claims submission and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to expedite payment to you.
We are here to help every step of the way! After your bill is submitted, we will continue to monitor the entire collections process and proactively contact payors to ensure progress, sending reminders, and making follow-up calls on your behalf.
We partner with you to ensure success!
- Maximize your admissions and overall occupancy! Build key relationships with acute care providers and referral sources to drive utilization.
- Increase census! MNS provides your local hospital discharge planners with access to our online Provider Mapping Software, which shows your current insurance contracts as well as the services you offer.
- Ongoing support and education! Whenever and wherever you need it.
- Strengthen relationships with referral sources! We help your leadership team spearhead joint marketing endeavors, continuing education events, and unique networking opportunities.
Market Analysis & Consulting Services
We recognize that many providers simply need a trusted partner to help advise them on how to best capitalize on the growing managed care population.
MNS can help…..
- Identify and obtain contracts! Become a preferred provider with the most sought after payors in your area.
- Analyze and improve! MNS will analyze your case mix and discuss opportunities for census development.
- Evaluate existing rates. MNS will review existing reimbursement of managed care rates and discuss opportunities for increases.
- Manage Credentialing! Our credentialing experts oversee your organizations’ status for current and future managed care contracts, regardless of whether the contract is provided by MNS.
- Streamline Admissions! We partner with your staff to streamline the process for concurrent review, providing standardized forms, and a thorough understanding of your facility’s payor contracts and payment structure.
- Improve Care Coordination Processes! Our experienced care coordination team reviews clinical information to advise on skilled coverage and the suitability of a patient’s admission to your facility.
- Benefit Checks. Let MNS assist you in checking all of your patients’ health benefits, saving your staff valuable time.
Customized Reporting & Online Services
Start to finish: We’re here for you!
- Customizable reports! Monitor your referral sources, utilization data, key process metrics, trends, and turnaround times.
- Quickly and easily generate reports specifically targeting your private insurance and managed care inpatient cases.
- Real-time access! MNS’ Provider Portal offers 24/7 access to your payor contracts as well as all the current reimbursement and rates structures.
- Access your claims at any time! Verify claims, approve for submission, or simply check the status of payment – either by individual case or across multiple facilities within your organization.